We release version updates on a regular basis to keep the Todoist apps working smoothly. These updates may include new product or security features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
Update the Todoist web app
To update the Todoist web app:
- Log in to your account.
- Click your avatar.
- Click the “New version available” notice, if there’s any.
- Wait for the update to install and for Todoist to load.
Update the Todoist desktop and mobile apps
Updates to the Todoist desktop and mobile apps may include improvements to notifications, widgets, security, or features like the global Quick Add shortcut.
If you’ve downloaded Todoist for macOS from the website, updates are automatically downloaded in the background and installed when you quit the app. The app takes 10 or more seconds to install the update.
If you need to manually reinstall the desktop app:
- Quit the Todoist app (⌘Q or Command + Q).
- Drag the app from the Applications folder and to the Trash.
- Download the latest version.
- Reinstall the Todoist app.
- Log in to your Todoist account.
If you’ve downloaded Todoist for macOS from the Mac App Store, follow these steps to manually update the app.
If you’re having trouble updating the Todoist web app, desktop apps, or mobile apps to the latest version, get in touch with us.