Our team is here to help out and answer questions; however, we understand that it's quicker to resolve issues yourself. So, if you're experiencing an issue with Todoist, here are some resources you might find helpful.
Check the Known Issues page
If the bug is already known to the Todoist team, it'll likely be listed in the Known Issues page. This page is available only in English.
The page is updated regularly (you will see the date it was last updated at the top of the page) and we always include the statuses of our currently known bugs. If there are any temporary workarounds you can use while we’re working on a fix, they’ll be listed on this page.
Identify if the issue is a new or experimental feature
It may be that you're mistaking a new or experimental feature for a bug.
Check the troubleshooting guides
Visit the Troubleshooting section of the help center to find troubleshooting guides that may be relevant to the issue.
Below are some examples:
- Having trouble with Todoist?
- Troubleshoot your connection
- Troubleshoot notifications not received in Todoist
- Troubleshoot syncing issues in Todoist
- Clear Todoist cookies in the web browser
- Troubleshoot login issues with Todoist for Windows
Third-party integrations: Contact the support team
If you’re experiencing issues with a third-party integration, check if we have an article for that integration in the integrations section of our help center.
Not all integrations are built by Doist (the company behind Todoist). In case there's a technical issue with an integration, find links to appropriate support channels in their respective integration page.
Still need help? Contact us
Do you still need help? No problem! Use the Todoist contact form to create a ticket.
When submitting a ticket, include the following information:
- Platform(s) or browser(s) where you’re experiencing the issue (for example: macOS, Android, or Google Chrome)
- Troubleshooting steps you’ve already tried
- Screenshots or a screen recording of the issue
- Todoist app version number
Take a screen recording of an issue
Learn how to take a screen recording of an issue using the guide relevant to your platform:
- macOS: Record your screen in Quicktime Player
- Windows: How to record your screen on Windows 11
- iOS and iPadOS: Record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Android: Take a screenshot or record your screen on your Android device
Follow these best practices when taking a screen recording:
- If the issue occurs when working in a project, create a test Todoist project with generic tasks to ensure privacy.
- Expand the recording window to include the necessary UI elements.
- Trim the screen recording to show just the issue.
Find the Todoist app version number
If you're not sure where to find the Todoist app version number, follow these steps:
- Open Todoist in a browser.
- Click your avatar in the top-right corner.
- A menu will appear. The version number is listed at the bottom of this menu.
Get more help
If you've tried these resources and you're still experiencing issues with Todoist, get in touch with us.